Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap/Zenmap 4.62-test9 packages for Mac OS X

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:42:42 -0600

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:33:29AM -0700, bensonk () acm wwu edu wrote:
It appears to be working great for me out of the box now.  Since we're
talking about "official releases" now, I'd like to mention that the
license doesn't quite fit in the install dialog's text field, and it is
wrapping the C comments (which are displayed with a non-fixed-width
font, so they look a little ugly).  I remember talk of someone making a
version of the license that would look better in a non-fixed-width font
a while back.  Is that around, and could it be dumped into the Zenmap OS
X package?

There is a set of sed scripts that automatically transform the license
for the Windows installer. I tried just using those, but they don't work
with the sed Apple ships (I think because they use Perl metacharacters).
I started to port them but I didn't understand some of what they were
doing.

I'll look again into porting them, but someone better with sed and
regular expressions could probably get it done faster.

David Fifield