Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: configure fails to detect g++

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:03:37 -0600

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:36:52AM +0200, Rainer M?ller wrote:
Hi,

the configure script of nmap fails when invoked with CXX being set to a
non-path value in the environment.

We at MacPorts [1] are using a special way to invoke ccache for
building. When using ccache, we prepend it to the path to the actual
compiler.

So the result in the environment is:
   CC="ccache /usr/bin/gcc-4.0"
   CXX="ccache /usr/bin/g++-4.0"

While the configure script of nmap accepts this for CC without problems,
it errors out on CXX:

Thanks for the report. I've removed that checking code as it was
superfluous, just as you said.

My the way, I have been making a lot of change to Nmap recently to make
it build better on the Mac as part of an effort to build Zenmap
packages. In particular Nmap is now much easier to build universal. The
current nmap package doesn't build universal, but with a recent checkout
and future release it should.

David Fifield