Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat's nsock vs. nmap nsock

From: " mixter () gmail com" <mixter () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 21:17:08 +0200

Done, nsock_telnet fixed. Should be a good testcase for fixing
nsock's stdin/stdout handling. Compile nmap before and you can
compile it with a 'make' from within nsock/examples now.

Your approach looks great, Fyodor (transparently handling ENOTSOCK).
Someone committing this eventually would be nice, to enable an official ncat
merge, till then I'm working with a read() in my local version...

./nsock_telnet 127.0.0.1 22
The event id is 8 -- initiating l00p
telnet_event_handler: Received callback of type CONNECT with status SUCCESS
Successfully connected to 127.0.0.1:5632 -- start typing lines
telnet_event_handler: Received callback of type READ with status SUCCESS
SSH-2.x-noneofyourbusiness
telnet_event_handler: Received callback of type READ with status ERROR
READ failed: Socket operation on non-socket