Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Vista Pro reported as Vista Home

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:12:34 -0000

Hi Fabrice,

It shouldn't report "Pro" because there's no such thing as Vista Pro.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/default.mspx

I suspect you've bought an upgrade (or perhaps full retail) copy of Vista
Home (either Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium).

If you upgrade from XP Pro, that lets you perform an in-place installation
to either Vista Business or to Vista Ultimate; a clean install is needed if
you upgrade to either of the Vista Home editions.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradep
aths.mspx

You can find out what version of Vista you're running by going to:

Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Find which version of Windows you
are using
Or
Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System

If you've upgraded to Vista Business Edition or Vista Ultimate, then you're
correct that it's incorrectly reporting your version as a Vista Home
edition.

Rob