Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC4

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 02:07:51 -0000

Morning,

I just tried out the win32 zip:
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC4-win32.zip

It doesn't appear to contain an nselib-bin folder, and bit.dll is
(incorrectly) located in nselib.

Starting Nmap 4.49RC4 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-12-08 01:41 GMT
Standard Time
Initiating Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 01:41
Completed Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 01:41, 0.03s elapsed
Initiating SYN Stealth Scan at 01:41
Scanning xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [1711 ports]
Discovered open port 3389/tcp on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Completed SYN Stealth Scan at 01:42, 43.53s elapsed (1711 total ports)
Initiating Service scan at 01:42
Scanning 1 service on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Completed Service scan at 01:43, 68.52s elapsed (1 service on 1 host)
Initiating OS detection (try #1) against xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Retrying OS detection (try #2) against xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Insufficient responses for TCP sequencing (3), OS detection may be less
accurate

SCRIPT ENGINE: Initiating script scanning.
SCRIPT ENGINE: nselib-bin/ not a directory

SCRIPT ENGINE: Aborting script scan.
<snip>

If I create the nselib-bin folder and move bit.dll across then I don't see
the error anymore and it looks like everything works fine:

SCRIPT ENGINE: Initiating script scanning.
Initiating SCRIPT ENGINE at 02:02
Completed SCRIPT ENGINE at 02:02, 0.20s elapsed
<snip>
Host script results:
|_ NBSTAT: NetBIOS name: SILENTBOB5, NetBIOS MAC: 00:13:D4:D9:20:82
|_ Discover OS Version over NetBIOS and SMB: Windows XP

I haven't checked the win32 setup file. Hopefully it only affects the zip,
and will require a trivial fix.

Cheers,

Rob