Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC4

From: Daniel Johnson <daniel () daniel-johnson org>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 20:26:27 -0500

On Dec 7, 2007, at 8:10 PM, Jay Chandler wrote:

Jay Chandler wrote:
Interesting.

singularity:~ jay$ zenmap
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 31, in <module>
   from zenmapCore.Name import APP_NAME, APP_DISPLAY_NAME
ImportError: No module named zenmapCore.Name
singularity:~ jay$

Looks like we're now having DIFFERENT problems on Leopard with
zenmap...  Thoughts anyone?

-- Jay

Went into the zenmap source directory, did a 'python setup.py install'

Now:

singularity:zenmap jay$ zenmap
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 60, in excepthook
   import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 151, in <module>
   app.run()
File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 96, in run
   self.__run_gui()
 File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 100,
in __run_gui
   import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk
singularity:zenmap jay$ port installed |grep gtk
 gtk1 @1.2.10_6 (active)
 gtk2 @2.12.3_0+x11 (active)
 gtkspell2 @2.0.11_0 (active)
 py25-gtk @2.12.0_0 (active)
singularity:zenmap jay$

I just updated my fink package to 4.49RC4 and zenmap works fine. I'm not very familiar with MacPorts, but it looks to me like you're building zenmap with the system's python (/Library/Python) while MacPorts installs into /opt/local. So yes, /usr/bin/python can't find pygtk.

What I do when building is to add PYTHON=/sw/bin/python2.5 to ./ configure and DEFAULT_PYTHON_PATH=/sw/bin/python2.5 to make install. That ensures I'm using the right python. I'm guessing the right path for MacPorts is /opt/local/bin/python2.5.

Daniel