Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Mac OS X compile error using svn

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () univie ac at>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:08:31 +0100

On 29.10.2007, at 02:23, Michael Bakeman wrote:

Perfect,
Everything compiles just fine now from svn, although I still have
that Lua error which was mentioned by someone else a day or so ago.
The only effect I suffer is this:

SCRIPT ENGINE: Initiating script scanning.
SCRIPT ENGINE: nse/ not a directory
SCRIPT ENGINE: Aborting script scan

This has been happening for a few while now, I can't figure out if
it's
my box or something else.

Sorry I haven't been paying attention, Go Rockies!!
Mike

I have a suspicion that this is to blame:

Updating ip_is_reserved(): 186/8 and 187/8 went to LACNIC
r5951 | fyodor | 2007-10-07 23:32:38 +0200 (Sun, 07 Oct 2007) | 1 line

Unix installation now places NSELib dynamic libraries in 'libexec'
rather than 'share' directories, since they are architecture
dependent.  Thank
s to Christoph J. Thompson for the patch.

I am wondering if Christoph J. Thompson is on the list. And if so if
he has tested Nmap without make installing it before submitting the
patch. Because I am sure Fyodor hasn't tested that before he applied
the patch ;) If I have some time today I will look into fixing that
(unless it isn't fixed already).

cheers,
Diman