Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap crash under Vista

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:26:37 +0100 (BST)

Are you using a network cable or wireless connection? I think I've seen
nmap crash like that on Vista when I've used the latter (I think I came
across it the same time I spotted the somewhat similar Windows connect
scan issue with SOC6), but I can't double check that right now. Is it
possible to provide nmap output with something like "--packet-trace
--iflist -d2"?

Rob

Nmap crashes whenever it starts a scan.

Faulting application nmap.exe, version 4.22.0.7, time stamp 0x470dea2c,
faulting module nmap.exe, version 4.22.0.7, time stamp 0x470dea2c,
exception
code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000b4407, process id 0x94e4, application
start time 0x01c81565c5a32c79.