Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two patches against 4.22SOC6 .snip. Tortoise diffs

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 01:36:12 +0100

Unfortunately, from the Tortoise Help pages (I missed this the first
time round...)    :

Caution
Currently, only patchfiles in Unified Diff Format are supported. And
only files which were generated from a Subversion working copy. Other
formats like patchfiles generated by CVS are currently not supported!

I have the latest version and caution still applies.

I've tried gnutools "patch for windows and that keeps giving me errors...

Somethin'll turn up.

Christoph J. Thompson wrote:
I'm unable to get the source from svn. So it's going to be difficult to try 'svn diff'. So here's a a context diff
and a rcs diff. Maybe it will work with TortoiseSVN. I looked in the diff man page for index lines, but it's not
mentioned in there. It however mentions a RCS format diff. Remembering that CVS was based on RCS and that SVN was
inspired by CVS, is there any chance this is the format you need? Anyway here are both a context diff and a RCS diff
of the patches attached.