Nmap Development mailing list archives

Bleeding-edge Nmap: The soc07 branch

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 01:33:31 -0700

Hi everyone.  Would you like to try Doug's new fast-port patch?  How
about Eddie's --reason patch?  You won't find either of these (yet) in
the normal Nmap SVN.  Instead, we're moving all bleeding-edge Nmap
development to a new branch called soc07.  All new SVN checkins
(including mine) will start out there.  This gives everyone (soc
students and the Nmap development community) a chance to test out the
new features and decide which ones should go into /nmap proper.

The best way you can help the Nmap SoC project is probably to follow
the new soc07 tree, test out the changes, and let us know on nmap-dev
what you think.  If you find a problem, say so.  If it worked like a
charm and you'd love to have it in the main Nmap trunk, let us know
that too.  Not only will it help the developer's self esteem, but it
will help us to decide which features to merge upstream and when they
are ready.

To check out the new soc07 branch, use the instructions at:

http://insecure.org/nmap/install/index.html#inst-svn

BUT instead of the normal Nmap url, checkout from:

svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/soc07

We have great SoC plans for this summer, and we welcome your
participation!

Cheers,
-F