Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Public Nmap SVN Repository

From: "Justin Knox" <knox.justin () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:10:32 -0500

I, too, feel an SVN implementation would be an added benefit. I found
that between the 4.11 and 4.20 stable releases, it was a little
difficult to keep on top of what was current code.

I have to second Diman's request for RSS feeds. Not that I don't enjoy
the e-mails popping into my inbox... but if we start branching for
some of the exotic new items like the raw packets/nse, commit e-mails
could become frequent. I suppose that could be mitigated by only
subscribing to specific branches, but I'll admit complete
unfamiliarity with current svn/cvs software features.

I also have to second Max's note about bug tracking. I initially
joined nmap-dev and nmap-hackers so I could keep myself in touch with
what (if any) bugs might be present in nmap. Having a bug-tracking
system which hooks into a versioning system would be very
advantageous, not to mention helpful for the nmap community in
general.

Just some thoughts.
--Justin