Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Public Nmap SVN Repository

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () chello at>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:19:17 +0100

A quick search finds this script for sending commit emails:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/commit-
email.pl.in
Can you guys recommend this, or do you know anything better?
I have been on a few projects which sent out commit updates via email
and I have to say it is a nuisance. I'd much rather have the commit
history in an RSS feed ( http://base-art.net/Articles/18/ ). The RSS
feed can be examined at a glance. With emails you have the problem
that you have to open each to find a specific commit. With an RSS
feed you wouldn't need to write yet another rule to sort the SVN
messages into yet another folder. These are just a few advantages off
the top of my head. After all there's even an emacs RSS aggregator by
now, why not use RSS and Email in the way they are intended to be
used? :)

just my 2 cents

Diman