Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nikto-NSE 1.0 released

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:49:41 -0700

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 11:41:30PM -0400, Kevin Johnson wrote:
have seen WAY to much use here. ; )  we also want to say what a great
job Diman has done
with the NSE extension to nmap, and we can't wait until it is in the
final release.

Yeah, I'm also excited about it and can't wait to add it to the
mainstream release.  I hope to do so in September, after Diman returns
from a well-deserved vacation.

Nikto came to mind immediately.  So we built a simple NSE script that
would check for one
of the problems that Nikto checks for and things worked out pretty well.

Of course, we are lazy and couldn't see generating the 3000+ NSE
scripts that would be
needed to start and check what Nikto already does.  So Nikto-NSE was
born.

Neat!  I look forward to trying it out.  That goes for all the other
clever scripts people have been writing too.

Cheers,
-F