Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Draft for hosted cgi

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:01:21 -0700

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 09:53:49PM +0000, KarMax wrote:
On 5/29/06, Julien Delange <julien.delange () gmail com> wrote:
- About language used in CGI
[...]
More, I don't know if the used modules (HTML::Template, ...) with Perl will
support the taint mode.

The language is up to you ( you are the developer ;)
If you want to know my opinion you will notIf the CGI part is written
on perl and the daemon in C. BTW you can use HTML::Template in taint
mode.

That HTML::Template supports taint mode is good to know.  I'm not sure
whether you are avocating Perl for the CGI and C for daemon here, but
that sounds like a good approach to me.  The daemon should do as
little as possible.  It needs to be small and easy to audit.  Also, C
would be more efficient in terms of lower CPU and resident memory
usage.

Cheers,
-F