Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: hosted cgi - design proposal

From: "Julien Delange" <julien.delange () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:50:32 +0200

2006/5/26, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>:

Those are all great goals.  Thanks for developign the mock-ups so fast
and posting them.

Actually, I wish to know what you think about the design (color, panel
placement, fonts, ...). I will use them as the first templates and theme.

TCP scan type should probably be radio buttons or a select box, as the
interface in your mock-up allows both SYN and connect scan.

In fact, the user could define if he want make a TCP or UDP scan. So, I
think i will make : a radiobutton for each type of scan (TCP, UDP, IP), and
after, when a user choose one of them, a list will appear and he will
provide the method (syn, ...). What do you think about it ?

Also 'Host' should probably be 'Targets' as you can put a lot more
than one host there. (e.g. /24).

Yeah, I forget subnet scans when I did it.

What OS and distribution are you planning to develop this on?

On Debian. But I use OS X too, and I will try to develop it on the twice
systems.