Nmap Development mailing list archives

Generating Graphical Diagrams/Maps from Nmap output

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:31:56 -0700

Now it is time for some eye candy, but I hope it will be functional
too.  One of the Summer of Code projects is to create a tool which
generates pretty graphical diagrams of a network based on Nmap XML
output.  Kinda like Cheops or Fe3d on steroids.  I have written an
initial features/requirements document at:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/SoC/NmapDiag.html

It includes screen shots from competing tools, and some more from
compelling SoC applications.

If you have any interest in such a tool, now is a good chance to pipe
in with features you would like to see, implementation ideas, etc.

Personally, I like the icons that Adrian had custom-made for his
application.  The "blowing Windows" icon is cool, and I like the
"vulnerability level" icons from "Vault" to "Swiss Cheese" :).  Cole
makes some good points about scalability in his color-coded diagrams.

Cheers,
Fyodor