Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 3.91 Pre-Release

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:56:51 -0700

Hi All,

I just built Nmap 3.91 which should fix the -P0 crash on Windows.  It
also includes newer versions of libpcap and libpcre, as well as an
updated nmap-mac-prefixes.  Okan's OpenBSD patch is there too.  If you
get a chance, please try it out and let me know if you have any
problems.  If no problems are found, I'll release it publicly
(probably on Monday).  If you find issues, it's back to the drawing
board for me!  My goal is to get a truly stable version out there that
can last a while, so that I can get back to breaking stuff, adding
cool features, and generally preparing for Nmap 4.0 (which may be
ready for release this year)!

I have placed source tarballs, Linux RPMs (i386 & x86_64) and Windows
binaries in the Nmap dist directory:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/?C=M&O=D

And here are the detailed changes since 3.90:

o Fixed a crash on Windows when you -P0 scan an unused IP on a local
  network (or a range that contains unused IPs).  This could also
  happen on UNIX if you specified the new --send_eth option.  Thanks
  to Jim Carras (JFCECL(a)engr.psu.edu) for reporting the problem.

o Fixed compilation on OpenBSD by applying a patch from Okan Demirmen
  (okan(a)demirmen.com), who maintains Nmap in the OpenBSD Ports
  collection.

o Updated nmap-mac-prefixes to include OUIs assigned by the IEEE since
  April.

o Updated the included libpcre (used for version detection) from
  version 4.3 to 6.3.  A libpcre securty issue was fixed in 6.3, but
  that issue never affected Nmap.

o Updated the included libpcap from 0.8.3 to 0.9.3.  I also changed
  the directory name in the Nmap tarball from libpcap-possiblymodified
  to just libpcap.  As usual, the modifications are described in the
  NMAP_MODIFICATIONS in that directory.

Cheers,
Fyodor