Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:38:05 -0700

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:57:08PM +0530, Nakul Aggarwal wrote:
But in "summer-discuss" mailing list, they clearly specified .. that
page may be up for more time but they wont be accepting any
applications submitted after deadline. :(
In that case, how can we submit application for this project??

Either hope they are bluffing and submit anyway or ... better luck
next year (if it is done again).  Also, development will be done in
the open on SourceForge, so you are certainly welcome and encouraged
to help out in any case.  Google rules prohibit students from sharing
the sponsorship money with contributors, but you can still learn a
lot, have fun, and help create something that we hope hundreds of
thousands of people will find useful.

Cheers,
Fyodor