Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap GUI

From: Will Beers <whbeers () mbio ncsu edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:09:17 -0400

Dan White wrote:
All that to say- Yes I agree a new Web Based Front end and Relational Database - but would like to see collaboration
from the forum on
better performing technology for database up dates to the GUI screen that don't require an entire screen refresh?
Suggestions anyone ( flame away!)

Dan

I was actually thinking it might be cool to write the interface using a
little AJAX (and not just to suck up to google...), but that's just a
question of whether people would be willing to embrace something that
breaks old browsers.  Maybe there could be two seperate interfaces...one
fancy and dynamic with fast updates through AJAX, one more for just finding
data.

Will

(sorry you got this twice Dan - forgot to reply to the list)