Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 3.59ALPHA3: Crash this :).

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:01:28 -0700

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 01:01:24PM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:
I've patched the signal code to include SIGINT handler for Windows too
This is handy. #ifdef'ed out the other signals it doesn't have. And patched
to make it compile with MingW + gcc 3.4 C++.

Great!  As far as I know, this is the first time someone has
successfully compiled Nmap using a compiler other than Visual Studio
on Windows.  Did you test whether things like SYN scanning, connect
scanning, and service scan work?  It would be interesting to benchmark
the MingW-compiled version against VS-compiled.  I've applied your
patch for the next version of Nmap.

Please consider renaming nsock/src/utils.c to nsock_utils.c because
./utils.cc breaks a single-makefile strategy (why make it difficult).

Renamed for the next version.

Cheers,
-F