Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 3.59ALPHA3: Crash this :).

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett no>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:01:24 +0200

This is the final release for tonight!  See if you can crash this :).
Here are the changes:

Arg! It still uses socket_errno() incorrectly on Windows. Remember
that calling WSAGetLastError() clears the error-status, so one cannot
use socket_errno() again. Besides perror() cannot be use for Winsock
errors. Neither can strerror(), but I'll leave that for later.

I've patched the signal code to include SIGINT handler for Windows too
This is handy. #ifdef'ed out the other signals it doesn't have. And patched
to make it compile with MingW + gcc 3.4 C++.

Please consider renaming nsock/src/utils.c to nsock_utils.c because
./utils.cc breaks a single-makefile strategy (why make it difficult).

Also, the noise level from "gcc -Wall" is way too high. Potential dangerous
warnings are masked by all the less dangerous warnings (attached).

--gv