Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: --scan_delay weirdness (Increasing send delay from 3000 to 1000)

From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:41:17 +0200

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:14:34PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:

Note the last line - it is _increasing_ from 3000 to 1000, which
is probably wrong.

Thanks for the report.  I have put in a fix for the next version of
Nmap.  Do you know why so many packets were being dropped, even with
Nmap sending just one probe every 3 secodns?

I'm not sure (zero-knowledge penetration test), but from the outside
it looks like there is a very low rate-limit on SYN packets (which is
silly since the limit is not per IP).

Martin Mačok
IT Security Consultant