Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Minor bugs in nmap_fetchfile()

From: nnposter () users sourceforge net
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:00:35 -0600

From: "Fyodor" <fyodor () insecure org>
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:45:21PM -0600, nnposter () users sourceforge net wrote:
There are two minor bugs in nmap_fetchfile() (file
nmap.cc):

1. Location specified in --datadir does not have an
effective precedence over location specified in
$NMAPDIR.

Thanks - fixed.

2. Location tested for real UID should be ~/nmap, not
~/.nmap. (Assuming the EUID test and the docs are
correct.)

Actually, I think I like ~/.nmap better.  So I'm going to go with that
unless someone presents a strong argument for ~/nmap.

My personal preference would be actually also "~/.nmap". Either way,
the code should be changed so that the UID and EUID tests both look
for the same directory name and the documentation spells out the
correct name.

Cheers,
nnposter