Nmap Development mailing list archives

Site Redesign

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:18:47 -0700

Hey everyone,

A talented Sri Lankan named Chintana Wilamuna (chintana(a)imap.cc)
recently proposed dramatic changes to the Insecure.Org website look.
She (I may be wrong about gender) actually designed a new version that
uses newer web standards (particularly XHTML and CSS).  It also sports
a new color theme and artwork.  I am seriously considering
implementing it across I.Org.  Here is the prototype she sent:

http://www.insecure.org/tmp/redesign/

Since it is easier to implement changes BEFORE I place them across all
areas on the site, I would appreciate input from people with onpinions
about:

1) Do you like the new look and color scheme better than the existing
   one at http://www.insecure.org/ ?  An alternative approach would of
   course be to port the existing look to use XHTML/CSS.

2) Any suggestings for improving the new html/css pages?  Tested diffs
   that implement your suggestions would be even better.

3) Any problems rendering the new page on devices or browsers that
   handle the existing one?

The advertisement box doesn't seem to look quite right on all
platforms, but I'll take care of that.

Cheers,
Fyodor