Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP and IPSEC on Windows 2000

From: "CBuH." <479001601 () mail ru>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:10:49 +0300

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 23:02, Jodi C wrote:
Hello,

I am having a problem with NMAP that I could not google or glean from your
site.  I have a simply IPSEC policy on a Windows 2000 Server that is not
part of a domain.  There are three rules in IPSEC that have worked
pefrectly well for the intended purpose: 1.) Default Response Rule
2.) Deny TCP 445 and TCP 3389 - block from everyone
3.) Permit TCP 445 and TCP 3389 - Allow from only a handful of machines on
our network.

If the policy is applied, NMAP returns no response at all and appears to
hang. If the policy is deactivated, NMAP returns a response in a few
seconds.

I have tried unchecking all three filters, but still no response.  I am
using "NMAP -sS -P0 -oN [IP]".

Have you any known problems with Windows 2000 IPSEC and NMAP?

Thanks for your help and the great tool,

Do you Yahoo!?

I have such a thing.

I have blocked all RST segments to answer on any TCP segments on my closed
port (FreeBSD: sysctl net.inet.tcp.blackhole=1). Then nmap has to wait
timeout (own I think) of his ``-sS''. But I do use it in background, and mail
to self the results...

smth'n like this:

Adding open port 139/tcp
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8998802 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8999683 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8999304 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8999123 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8998997 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8998917 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 20998982 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 20999879 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 20999501 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 20999304 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 20999177 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 20999097 microseconds.  Ignoring
time.
Adding open port 587/tcp

Best wishes, folks!
- --

        CBuH. CG[CX] XVyGYjau 479001600(at)mail.ru, ICQ#70929413
        GnuPG(PGP) public key is: http://www.vinnied.narod.ru/pubkey.asc
        http://www.vinnied.narod.ru