Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP and IPSEC on Windows 2000

From: Jodi C <nmap2k () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:02:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am having a problem with NMAP that I could not google or glean from your site.  I have a simply IPSEC policy on a
Windows 2000 Server that is not part of a domain.  There are three rules in IPSEC that have worked pefrectly well for
the intended purpose:
1.) Default Response Rule
2.) Deny TCP 445 and TCP 3389 - block from everyone
3.) Permit TCP 445 and TCP 3389 - Allow from only a handful of machines on our network.

If the policy is applied, NMAP returns no response at all and appears to hang.
If the policy is deactivated, NMAP returns a response in a few seconds.

I have tried unchecking all three filters, but still no response.  I am using "NMAP -sS -P0 -oN [IP]".

Have you any known problems with Windows 2000 IPSEC and NMAP?

Thanks for your help and the great tool,

Do you Yahoo!?