Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problems building nmap-3.5 on Solaris 8, and OpenSSL on Redhat Linux 9

From: Pete Young <pete () alien bt co uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:45:35 +0000

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty building  nmap-3.50 on Solaris 8, and with
OpenSSL support on Redhat Linux 9. I wonder if anyone is able to shed
any light on the following:

Solaris 8, gcc 3.2.2 (Sun Freeware).

configure --without-openssl fails at the following point:

g++ -Lnbase -Lnsock/src/ -o nmap main.o nmap.o targets.o tcpip.o nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o osscan.o output.o scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o services.o protocols.o nmap_rpc.o portlist.o NmapOps.o TargetGroup.o Target.o FingerPrintResults.o service_scan.o NmapOutputTable.o -lposix4 -lsocket -lnsl -lm -lnbase -lnsock libpcre/libpcre.a -lpcap
std::__default_alloc_template<(bool)1, (int)0>::_S_force_newoutput.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nmap
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [nmap] Error 1

Some kind of problem with ld ? - this happens with /usr/ccs/bin/ld
or the gnu ld in /usr/local.

I'm able to build nmap-3.50 without Openssl support on Redhat 9, but
if I build with defaults or specify --with-openssl=yes , configure
tests on openssl/ssl.h .

It looks as though these tests fail because openssl/ssl.h includes
openssl/kssl.h which attempts in turn to include
krb5.h and cant find it. The krb5-libs and krb5-devel packages are
on the system, located in /usr/kerberos . Adding
--includedir=/usr/kerberos to ./configure doesn't help.

Kind regards,

Pete