Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: FreeBSD 4.7 & nmap doesn't build

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 22:17:56 -0800

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:05:30PM -0800, dirk diggler wrote:

Hi all. I have trouble building nmap on FreeBSD from
the ports collection, downloaded source (stable and
current). I get this error on 2 different FreeBSD
pc's. Both run FreeBSD 4.7, but I decided to build a
new pc, and track everything from the beginning.
Anyway, the error doesn't tell much. Are there any
suggestions?

[ Cut ]

Compiling nmap
rm -f nmap
cc -L/usr/local/lib -Lnbase  -o nmap main.o nmap.o
targets.o tcpip.o nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o
osscan.o output.o scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o
services.o protocols.o nmap_rpc.o portlist.o -lpcap
-lm  -lnbase -lpcap
cd nmapfe; test -f Makefile && make VERSION=3.00
STATIC=;
*** Error code 1 (ignored)

Nmap did build.  It is only the GUI frontend that failed for some
reason.  Maybe the ports collection doesn't include it or you don't
have GTK.  Anyway, you should be able to run 'nmap' in that directory
or do a make install.

Cheers,
Fyodor