nanog mailing list archives

Re: Networks ignoring prepends?

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:16:04 -0800

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 5:23 AM Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org> wrote:
You may be limited to seeing if your backup providers have community
controls that would let you tell them "don't share with Centurylink"

As I already explained, neither the primary nor any of the backup
providers directly peer with Centurylink, thus have no communities for
controlling announcements to Centurylink.

I hate to litter the table with a batch of more-specifics that only
originate from the short, preferred link but I'm not hearing any
practical alternatives. Treating my distant links as equivalent even
though I told you with prepends that they are not leaves me with few
knobs I can turn.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--