nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why are paper LOAs still used?

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 15:22:52 -0500 (EST)

Also known as an cross-connect order form.

Why FAX a piece of paper?

Nobody cross-checks it, until after it goes wrong.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2024, Ren Provo wrote:
Most important parts on the LOA are the explicit ASN, the name to be found
in the cross-connect order portal and local contact data.  Contractors need
that.

Global networks rarely have a contact appropriate for provisioning in a
public facing database.