nanog mailing list archives

Re: xfinity not working

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 23:01:01 -0700

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 6:07 PM Al Whaley <awnanog () sunnyside com> wrote:
My understanding is that the internal web page in the consumer modems is
gone.  App or nothing.

With xfinity, when you plug it a "non-activated" modem, you get a
walled garden where you can connect to some of their web servers for
the purpose of linking your modem with your account. Except, as noted,
it's not presently in good working order..

And anyway, I brought my own modem which has an internal web server
and a handful of pages. Mostly status. Since it's the cable modem only
(no wifi), there aren't any user-level knobs to turn.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin