nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best Linux (or BSD) hosted BGP?

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 11:00:02 -0700

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 9:01 AM Bryan Fields <Bryan () bryanfields net> wrote:
I know best subjective, but I'm looking at a project to announce some IP space
that's between uses now and see what's there.  I'm planing to run a flow
logger and ntop on the VM and see what is coming in if anything.  I'm looking
at the options for BGP out there, and there's quite a few (other than running
a VM with a router doing BGP), but most data I've seen is focused on scale and
filtering use, or RPKI.

FRR on Linux with one of the VPS providers that support BGP like Vultr.

Also consider asking CAIDA for access to Telescope -- that's where
they collect packets on unused IP addresses.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin