nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best Linux (or BSD) hosted BGP?

From: Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 15:03:00 -0700

Saying that IS-IS in FRR is broken is incorrect, that it is in many ways weird - no offense to folks who coded it :)
(especially if you have worked with commercial code bases), that it doesn’t scale/naive, missing features - for sure.
FRR runs today some of the biggest DCs in the world and is reasonably stable within the feature set used (RFC7938),
there’s interest in further IS-IS development - you could see some minor bug fixes/features coming from a particular
company, if you are interested - join them and work together.

FRR is an Open Source project, whining about missing features is not helpful, coding (or at least testing) and
contributing is.

Cheers,
Jeff