nanog mailing list archives

Help Us Measure Fixed 5G Networks

From: Nick Feamster <feamster () uchicago edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 16:38:43 +0000

Hello,

We are working on a project to measure the performance of Fixed 5G wireless networks.

If you or anyone you know are a subscriber of:
* Starlink
* Verizon
* T-Mobile

you are eligible to help us with this study. Participation is simple: We send a Raspberry Pi with some pre-installed
measurement software (Netrics), you plug it into the wall and your cable modem, and we give you a performance dashboard
with your network performance, including comparisons to other networks. We offer a small participation incentive, as
well.

We’d ask for participation for 1-2 months, although you are welcome to continue your participation longer.

See the form below for more information, including how to participate:
https://uchicago.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eCFrZhRhNphkVGm

Thanks,
Nick Feamster and Francesco Bronzino