nanog mailing list archives

Re: New addresses for b.root-servers.net

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns61 () hardakers net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:16:00 -0700

Nathan Ward <lists+nanog () daork net> writes:

Hi Nathan,

[Sorry for the delay -- this was ICANN week and I'm just getting unburied]

Do you have query rates over time for the old and new addresses since
this change in 2017?

We do indeed still get traffic on the older addresses, and its not an
insignificant amount and its not just priming queries either.

Even if you end up with the same answer of 12mo, data supporting it
may give comfort to the community.

As my colleague Robert Story said in a separate thread, we are still
serving our old address and will almost certainly continue to serve our
current address long beyond the promise date we put into the
announcement.  Our intent is to continue serving it longer than the
announced end date, but we do not offer a promise to do so.

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI