nanog mailing list archives

Re: Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported Re: 202203261748.AYC

From: "Abraham Y. Chen" <aychen () avinta com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 15:17:05 -0400

Hi, Randy:

1)    " ...  does not mean it is trivial to get it done on *billions* of device.  ... ":    It looks that your mind is focused on upgrading existing IoTs. They are not to be perturbed according to the initial and short term EzIP deployment plans, because it basically is following the existing CG-NAT network configuration and master / client service model. Many RGs (Residential / Routing Gateways) are already capable of being a 240/4 DHCP client. (If not, commenting out one single line is likely all what is needed.). For the long term, it will be only those*/new/* IoTs desiring for end-to-end communication across RAN borders to have the ability of handling Option Words in the IP header.

2)    " ... Your refusal to follow simple mailing list etiquette ...  ":    Sorry for the inconvenience that I have caused. Honestly, I am still trying to figure out what is the "required" etiquette, since what I have received were mostly "complaints" not constructive "instructions" (i.e., how about a cheat sheet of what to do and what not to?). So, I have been adjusting my writing style. (My best guess of the issue is mostly likely due to the Subject line which according to my business correspondence training is my own choice. I am baffled by why does it cause problems on this mailing list.)

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-27 15:16)