nanog mailing list archives

Re: Not Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock

From: bzs () theworld com
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:28:37 -0400

Personally I'd rather hear from the RIRs regarding the value or not of
making more IPv4 space such as 240/4 available. They're on the front
lines of this.

I think sometimes what we're manipulating in these debates is the time
factor: Someone with a worthy, immediate, urgent need versus some
distant horizon which might be preferable in the big picture but is
demanding possibly unreasonable sacrifices of some in the short term.

I don't believe we are pondering making this IPv4 space available and
then returning to the 1980s/1990s relative free-for-all.

This all might be more interesting if driven by consideration of those
needs.