nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rack rails on network equipment

From: Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 16:50:11 +0000

We don’t care. We rack up switches maybe once or twice a year. It’s just not worth the effort to streamline. If we were
installing dozens of switches a month, maybe. But personally I think it’s crazy to make rackability your primary reason
for choosing a switch vendor. Do you base your automobile purchase decision on how easy it is to replace windshield
wipers?

 -mel beckman