nanog mailing list archives

Re: Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 06:35:13 +0200

On 2/16/21 06:17, Robert Jacobs wrote:

How about letting us Texans have more natural gas power plants or even let the gas be delivered to the plants we have so they can provide more power in an emergency. Did not help that 20% of our power is now wind which of course in an ice storm like we are having is shut off... Lots of issues and plenty of politics involved here..

Did I see somewhere that gas lines also got frozen, or was that just the windmills?

I feel for you and the rest of Texas. Cold weather has never been my thing.

Mark.