nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google IP Geolocation

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () interall co il>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 12:03:44 +0300

On 22/04/2021 11:36, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
The issues that others had earlier this month just hit us this morning.

Users in Israel (132.74.0.0/15) trying to access Google.com or Youtube.com appear as coming from Iceland (see screenshot).

Change happened overnight.  Someone internally in Google's geo-location group typo'ed Israel as Iceland.

We have GGC access and Google ISP Portal access but why should we have to change the geolocation which worked well since forever just because someone internally messed up?

Regards,

Hank

Now I am hearing that other universities in Israel have seen this issue since as early as April 4.

-Hank