nanog mailing list archives

Re: UDP/123 policers & status

From: "Roland Dobbins" <roland.dobbins () netscout com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:51:53 +0700

On 21 Mar 2020, at 4:58, Hal Murray wrote:

I don't want to start a flame war, but why isn't BCP 38 widely deployed? Can somebody give me a pointer to a talk at NANOG or such? What fraction of the
world does implement BCP 38?

I'd also be interested in general background info on DDoS. Who is DDoS-ing whom and/or why? Is this gamers trying to get an advantage on a competitor? Bad guys making a test run to see if the server can be used for a real run?
Is DDoS software widely available on the dark web?  ...

Answers to all of these questions are readily available via search engines, searching the archive of this and related listservs, searching the presentation archives of NANOG/RIPE/APRICOT/APNIC/AusNOG/NZNOG/LACNIC, et. al. My archive of public presentations is available here:

<https://app.box.com/s/4h2l6f4m8is6jnwk28cg>

These topics are well-understood and -documented, and a bit of research can help bring one up to speed on them pretty quickly.

Roland Dobbins <roland.dobbins () netscout com>