nanog mailing list archives

Re: COVID-19 vs. our Networks

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 17:37:30 -0400

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 05:17:01PM -0400, bzs () theworld com wrote:

On March 14, 2020 at 14:49 rsk () gsp org (Rich Kulawiec) wrote:

 > 2. Find all the phone chargers, laptop chargers, USB sticks, cables,
 > everything.  If you're not already obsessive about keeping things
 > charged, get that way.

You're really expecting power interruptions due to the virus (in the
US)?

No.  I'm guessing that people may be called upon to pack up their gear
and work in a place they didn't expect to be working.  Or that they may
need to improvise solutions in a hurry with whatever they've got handy.
So having a bag full of chargers and cables and adapters and everything
else just seems like good/easy/cheap preparation.  (I think a lot of us
already have such a bag, it's just that entropy sets in and the way it
was once packed it probably not the way it's packed today.)

I'm not really "expecting" anything other than suboptimal conditions.

---rsk