nanog mailing list archives

RE: akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

From: Gene LeDuc <gleduc () sdsu edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 12:39:41 -0800

There is probably a "law" enshrined somewhere: Bandwidth is like closet space, demand will always manage to exceed capacity.

Gene

On 1/24/20 6:52 AM, Aaron Gould wrote:
Thanks Hugo, very interesting.  Induced demand.  Someone said recently… they’ve seen that no matter how much bandwidth you give a customer, they will eventually figure out how to use it. (whether they realize it or not… I guess it just happens)

-Aaron