nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are the days of the showpiece NOC office display gone forever?

From: Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 16:47:55 -0800

Perhaps I should have clarified: "from the perspective of persons who have
the word "Sales" in their job titles, considered to be impressive looking
for customer tours"

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 4:25 PM Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

In the traditional sense, by "showpiece NOC" I mean a room designed for
the
purpose of having large situational awareness displays on a wall, network
weathermaps and charts, alerting systems, composed of four or more big
flat
panel displays. Ideally configured to be actually useful for NOC purposes
and also something impressive looking for customer tours.

though your message has a current date, its content seems to be at least
15 years old

randy