nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP prefix filter list

From: "Jörg Kost" <jk () ip-clear de>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 11:17:30 +0200

Hi,

I did this tool a few years ago to download and built ASN filter lists by region automatically:

https://github.com/ipcjk/asnbuilder/releases

The tricky part was to build regular expressions for devices, that don't understand number ranges.

For some of our routers we (un)select ASNs manually by reading and comparing CIDR-reports to current Sflow traffic:

E.g.
https://github.com/ipcjk/asnbuilder/blob/master/customASN.txt
will become
https://github.com/ipcjk/asnbuilder/blob/master/saveTheFIB.txt