nanog mailing list archives

Re: any interesting/useful resources available to IPv6 only?

From: Jeroen Massar <jeroen () massar ch>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 17:39:55 +0200

On 2019-05-03 17:14, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to make a case (to old fuddy-duddies, which is why I even
need to actually make a case) for IPv6 for my own selfish reasons.  :-)

I wonder if anyone has any references to interesting/useful/otherwise
resources on are only available to IPv6 users that they can forward to
me.

IPv6 is not a darknet, you won't find something hidden and unique there.

If you want to make a case for having IPv6, google a bit there are lots of reasons.

One good one is presented by Rabobank:

https://ripe74.ripe.net/wp-content/uploads/presentations/3-That-is-why-Rabobank-has-IPv6.pdf

TLDR: customers behind CGN and thus harder to separate them as you suddenly get multiple from the same IPv4 instead of
more information with one per IPv6....

Greets,
 Jeroen