nanog mailing list archives

Re: 44/8

From: Michael Hayler <nanog-list-2009 () hayler de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:39:22 +0200

On 19/07/18 11:02, Christopher Morrow wrote:
So.. this is/was a legacy allocation, right?  with some 'not great'
contact/etc info...
the ARIN folk could have said: "Well.... sure! if the current folk who
control access can positively show they do AND they don't mind parting
with a /10... ok?"

This ends up with a /10 of a /8 with better registration information
and MAYBE better records keeping over time, right?
that seems like a win to the ARIN community?

I see at least 2 /16 out of the mentioned /10 that are well documented in the HamnetDB.

As far as I know, there is an ongoing renumbering "project" to get Services out of 44.224/16 and 44.225/16 here in DL,
but
from my perspective that is not finished yet. So that promisses some fun ...

also, I do not see the Covering /8 Route anymore at our Internet Edge Routers.

--

Best Regards
Michael Hayler (DC1SHM)