nanog mailing list archives

Re: A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

From: Dave Crocker <dhc2 () dcrocker net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:02:18 -0800

On 2/20/2019 12:22 PM, Matthew Black wrote:
SIGH. I am far more inclined to listen to John Levine or Suresh Ramasubramanian, both who have been around for decades and have earned their chops with DMARC and Sendmail. Both with a proven track record, rather than someone lacking credentials. Since spam is a subjective term, I’d personally like to know how someone can design a solution that works for billions of people.

Listen to them, by all means, but I'll suggest something simpler: This is already a long thread and has been both unproductive and unpleasant. Most folk who experience such a pattern in a mailing list do not ever see it change until the actors or the topic changes, and usually it takes both...

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking