nanog mailing list archives

Re: RPKI adoption (was: Re: Corporate Identity Theft: Azuki, LLC -- AS13389, 216.179.128.0/17)

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:41:21 -0300

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:09 PM John Curran <jcurran () arin net> wrote:

On 14 Aug 2019, at 11:15 AM, Valdis Klētnieks <valdis.kletnieks () vt edu>
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 02:42:09 -0000, John Curran said:

You might want want to ask them why they are now a problem when they
weren’t
before (Also worth noting that many of these ISP's own contracts with
their
customers have rather similar indemnification clauses.)

Actually, it's probably ARIN that should be doing the asking, and seeing
if
they can change the wording and/or rephrase the issue to allay concerns.

It sounds to me like ARIN's *intent* was "if you get sued by your
customers because
you screw the pooch on deployment, it's your screw-up to clean up and
not our
problem". Or at least I *hope* that was the intent (see next paragraph)

That is indeed the intent - please deploy routing validation using best
practices, so that you & your customers don’t suffer any adverse impact
when ARIN's repository is not available.

Or, move all your number resources to a subsidiary in the AP region, pay
membership fees to APNIC instead of ARIN, and use their trust anchor
instead of ARIN's.
BTW, since all 5 RIRs have certificates signing the whole IP address space,
it really makes no difference.

Rubens