nanog mailing list archives

Re: What can ISPs do better? Removing racism out of internet

From: Brielle <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 10:36:53 -0600

On 8/5/2019 10:24 AM, Bryan Fields wrote:
I'd be more concerned with the lack of notice given to their customer.  This
was 24 hours notice, and I'd expect at least 30 days under any hosting
contract.  This scares the shit out of me as a customer; could cloudflare
decide to give me no notice and shut my services off?

If they were a paying customer... sure, maybe 30 days. However, if they're a paying customer, their agreement likely gives cloudflare an out under some situations.

If they aren't a paying customers, then you give them the amount of time in relation to how much they are paying. In this case, if they are paying $0, then I think giving them until Midnight was being overly generous.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org